I didn’t win the NSF GRFP, but I got an Honorable Mention! I’m super duper proud that I made it so close!!! 🥳
I’ll have to try again next time 😊
The reviews were fair and understandable, and I appreciate the feedback. I also found it reassuring that all the reviews agreed that I’m qualified to do research.
Not gonna lie, sometimes I feel like I don’t belong in grad school or the field of research (curse you, Imposter Syndrome!). But I’ve gotten better about it, and I’ve become more self-confident!
Despite my busy schedule and the fact that I only had about 3 weeks to submit the NSF GRFP 2021 application: I did my best and it paid off!
At the time of my application, my current institution was San Diego State University. But now I’m at Iowa State University 😊
Below are the reviews, my research plan, and personal statement.
- Research and read into the existing literature to see what’s already been done in haptics/haptic technology
- Think about the impact of my research (ex. who would use my haptic interface? why do should I bother making this haptic interface?)
- Start developing a timeline to begin the NSF GRFP 2022 application
- Tell friends, family, and colleagues about the good news!
- Thank the people who helped me with the application! 🙏